Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A dream about direction

I had a dream where I encountered all these different situations where calamity was coming upon me. Prior to this dream, I had been meditating on Psalm 91 very often, memorizing the verses before going to sleep. The only example I can remember is a lion was attacking me and it had it's mouth around my private part and was about to bite me. I believe this could mean there was a specific attack from the enemy against my womanhood and purity. In the rest of the dream, I was trying to drive home but went the wrong direction and found myself in strange places that seemed dangerous. I was able to pass through it all and eventually make it home, but it felt like a long journey and when I got there I thought, "that was only supposed to take 15 min and it took forever! I think this dream reveals the fear of choosing the wrong path and missing the Lord's direction, and that I've made or will make wrong decisions that delay me getting to where I'm trying to go. The Lord does not want me living in fear of missing His will or plans for my life! I think in this dream He showed me that He will get me to my destination, even though it may seem like it took much longer than it should have! One of the truths that the Lord really highlighted and encountered me about while at IHOP is that His leadership over my life is perfect, that He is the Shepherd of my soul. He's teaching me to trust Him in this, His sovereignty, and to grow me in confidence that He knows the plans He has for me and that He gives me everything I need for life and godliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment