Friday, April 15, 2011

Children, not beggars

In the midst of my financial struggle as I was beginning to wrestle with doubt and unbelief and in my pride accusing God and not trusting Him, He began to turn my heart back and encouraged me. He said I’m not a beggar and He doesn’t want me to come as a beggar, because I’m His child and He wants me to come asking with that confidence. This is still hard to grasp in the midst of the delays and unanswered prayer, and I still stumble in my trusting, but He told me His leadership in my life is good and that He loves the process. And when I get a glimpse afresh that His delay is not because He doesn't care, it's not because I haven't been able to earn it, it's not because He's not good and not really who He says He is, but because He is calling me to arise and wanting to take me to new places of faith in Him. (Song of Songs 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment