Friday, April 15, 2011

Embracing weakness, & encountering the power of His love

April 15, 2011
Yesterday, the day following my fast day for this week, I felt the Lord’s presence in a fresh way and I was so thankful for this I said “Lord, what a gift fasting is! Thank you for this gift of being able to draw nearer to you, and it’s as simple as not eating!” I was surprised by how easy it was and how the Lord has come to me time after time, and even though I know I could do more, and fast more intensely (like with just water), but that He honors even my small sacrifices. Don’t get me wrong though, even sometimes the small sacrifices are difficult to make and I don’t always want to fast, but that’s when I know I should b/c I want more desire for Him, and when I depend on His grace He really does help me! Many times I’ve felt breakthrough during or after a fast and am able to connect with the Lord and feel Him at a deeper level than normal. I’ve experienced great freedom, and the only way I can describe it is like this feeling of having space inside for Him and being filled with His Spirit! I usually experience more joy and peace, and a renewed confidence in the Lord and a fresh delightful burden to pray for my family. Fasting is not to be a religious duty, it is truly a gift to us and an invitation to encounter our Beloved in the deep places of His heart as we give way to Him. It’s sets us up to fix our eyes on Him and seek Him with all that we have, as we even surrender our strength and declare He’s enough to satisfy us completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment