Friday, April 15, 2011

Nearness, flowing in His grace & brotherly love

Another thing the Lord spoke to me recently that I think is so awesome is that He has brought us as near to Himself as a child is in the womb of his/her mother. 1 Peter 1:3 says that according to His abundant mercy He has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead! I sensed the Lord speak this to my heart shortly after hearing a powerful testimony from a sister who had just suffered a miscarriage and was overflowing with gratitude and love for the Lord having encountered Him in a way she never had before and experienced His peace and a longing for His coming with a profoundly new intensity. I was moved to tears while hearing her speak b/c it was so real, and she was also in awe of being able to see her love for God, that it is real and was present in the midst of the shaking in her life, which is only a little trauma compared to what is to come upon the earth in the end. After hearing that word, I felt the Lord wanted me to share it, whereas I tend to usually keep to myself revelation I receive from the Lord and with the way my schedule is set up here & working part-time, I haven't really been able to build relationships and fellowship with people much outside of services. So I felt the Lord prompting me to go share what He had spoken to me with a girl beside me. I prayed a short prayer for her and she was grateful for the word. Later I went to pray for a lady that needed physical healing and near the middle of it she began crying b/c my words spoke specifically to a condition she’d struggled with (depression) and then I gave her the word about being begotten by the Father and this moved her to tears too b/c she had’nt been able to have more children and had recently adopted a young teenager who was very dear to her. She also prayed for me, and the whole thing was just so awesome, SO encouraging! It was so easy, b/c I just felt the Lord’s heart over her and prayed it, and it just flowed so easily! It’s so enjoyable when you really connect with the Lord when ministering to someone, rather than trying to muster something up to give them, you just feel the Lord giving it for you! This is just one example of many times I've seen the Lord use me in praying for and ministering to others in the body of Christ, and even at times when I feel like I have nothing to give. It's been amazing to see the beauty and experience the power of the body of Christ strengthening one another in prayer, which is such a reality here, where prayer and worship is foundation to everything. It's truly experiencing what the word says that is beautiful when the brethen dwell in harmony! It's such a delightful thing to watch brothers and sisters encouraging and praying for one another! We have great need for communion, we need each other more than we know. After all, Jesus prayed we would be one as He is one with the Father, what kind of relationship He has called us to have with each other as His bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment