Friday, April 15, 2011

He moves our heart, and we move His

At chapel service one week during the ministry time as I was receiving prayer, I got a word from the person praying over me was that I’m exhilarating to God and that He loves my intense worship, that He so delights in me. She said that I’m “extreme”, and that it’s an extreme stream He’s putting me in! This was encouraging and spoke to a wound in my heart where I had been discouraged from my mom calling my life of faith “extreme” in a negative way. But I have felt the Lord’s gracious, merciful heart, and how beautiful my weak love is to Him and how His heart is ravished over me! That I am dark, but lovely to Him. That I am His beloved, Hephzibah! (Isa.62:4)The Lord delights in me! I have felt this delight over and over in these recent years and have only begun to get a glimpse of God’s great pleasure in me. He doesn’t want us to live under the weight of shame and our perceived failure, striving for His approval and trying to attain it in our own strength, when we already have it, when it’s the revelation of His love in you that gives you the power to live free, to live holy. It’s the revelation of His faithfulness, His commitment to you, that causes you to be wholehearted and faithful to Him. Wow, God is awesome! He’s constantly speaking, and I’m just starting to learn to hear His voice.
(Song of Solomon 4:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment