Saturday, July 17, 2010

His Spirit moves me

So I met with Candice as well Thurs. afternoon at Bruegger’s Bagels and felt the encouragement and joy of the Lord, and she gave me another beautiful word from the Lord in Isaiah 54. I’ve been able to visualize in my mind the beauty of the Lord and I’ve got lost in worshipping Him at such lengths with no distractions in my mind. There’s such a great peace that has been in me and He’s given me so much focus. In my short time spent at IHOP I felt like I received SO much. The Lord has done SOO much in me in such a short time!!! Sometimes His work in us is speedy, and sometimes it takes longer. But WOW, when we yield to Him, and when we seek Him with all our heart, we truly can find Him!!!! So Candice & I were praying in Bruegger’s Bagels with no one else in the store but a young girl who was cleaning up to close it for the day. We invited her to church and after Candice left I waited for her until she was ready to leave, her name was Laura. I so desired to share the love of God with her. So the Spirit gave me the words to share my testimony and God’s testimony of His Son sent for her that she may know her Father’s love. I prayed for her and could tell she was touched. I praised God with joy! I came home and got ready to go to KPIC for the New Year’s service. It didn’t matter to me that I was sick and had a hoarse voice. None of it was stopping me from seeking God more, in fact it was the greatest blessing b/c it let God get my full attention so He could break into my world like never before!!! The Spirit was touching me during worship and continued to through the service. I was beginning to feel the Spirit moving me again as I had felt when I got back from IHOP. He was beginning to take over me completely with His love! We prayed for probably 2 hours after the service, Christine, Adrian, Brian, Denise, Diana and I. He has put such hunger in Christine and I’s heart recently, it’s awesome how He’s moving in our lives and oh I praise Him for my sister, who He’s blessed me with as an intercessory partner, and such a joy and encouragement. I’m so thankful for her, I know it would be really hard without her b/c she so encourages what the Lord is doing in me which I need b/c I know the enemy wants to come steal it from me by lying to me and making me believe it’s just feelings or won’t last. But I have believed and will continue to declare what the Lord has revealed to my heart and I WILL NOT let the enemy come and rob me of the joy of my salvation or my newfound understanding as His daughter!! The Father has let me feel and experience His love in such a strong way, I’ve felt it in my WHOLE being!!!
So because I was still sick I took off work Saturday and Sunday and was able to continue just seeking the Lord constantly, I had places I had planned on going to and things to buy but I couldn’t get myself to leave the house b/c I was so happy to just be with the Lord and spend time with Him and enjoy Him! Sat.night Christie, Christine and I hung out at our place and stayed up late, till 3 in the morning. Brian had invited Christine and I to go a church in revival called Catch the Fire that was born from a revival that broke out in Toronto that’s been going on for years! I sensed the Lord had more for us there, and boy did He have much more than I was expecting!! I felt the Spirit moving me as we worshipped and I kept laughing for joy during the sermon. The prophetic word of the Lord to us from Isaiah 43:18-19, that the Lord is doing a new thing among us and that we shall forget the former things and dwell not on the past, lifted and strengthened my Spirit even more. The service was sooo encouraging, when it ended Christine and I of course could not stop praying and went to the back of the church and continued to pray and cry out to the Lord. Brian eventually came and interrupted us asking us if we wanted to go get lunch and I yelled, “I’m not even hungry, I’m hungry for God!!”. Then some people in the church came up to us b/c they could see the Spirit on us. And when they prayed for me, the Spirit was taking control more and more as I yielded to Him, and He knocked me back onto the ground!!! I just laid there so free and full of joy feeling His love all over me, praising God with shouts, and praying for more. I was so amazed, I don’t know when I would have gotten up off the floor of the church if Brian hadn’t come over and taken my hands to lift me up. I felt so happy and an endless flow of His love washing over me. And it didn’t stop. The Lord sent us a Hispanic family in the parking lot in front of Subway to tell us where a Mexican restaurant was so I would be able to eat something as well. And then we got to minister to our waiter and pray for him and the Lord definitely touched him. Then Christine fell down in the Spirit on the bathroom floor laughing as we were getting ready to leave! Haleluyah!! We went to KPIC for Celebracion Hispana and as the worship team was practicing I couldn’t stop praying in the hall as the Spirit kept moving me in intercession. When I began to worship before the actual service started I felt the presence of the Lord within me and all over me and around me, He was taking over again and who could stop Him? As I yielded to His love He continued to pour it out on me like wave after wave after wave. I felt the PLEASURE of God all over me, the DELIGHT of my Lord! And the LOVE of the Father! It felt as if He was literally tickling me making me giggle for joy. I fell to the floor knocked over by His love again and stayed there praising Him with my arm raised and laughing for joy until Marta came over and lifted me up and had me sit in the chair. But I was so overcome and so taken over by His love I couldn’t stop praising Him and I didn’t need music! As I kept my eyes closed worshipping Him He continued to pour His delight on me. When worship started it got even stronger again and as I worshipped and danced for joy I never wanted it to end. After worship I went to pray with Christine b/c she had to leave and the Spirit continued to touch us and fill us with joy. After the service I tried to meet some of the new people I didn’t know, but after talking to them briefly my heart was a little saddened b/c they just seemed unhappy and not interested. My heart desired so much to pray for them and bless them but b/c of their seemingly disinterest I excused myself. When I got in the car to go my heart began to ache with desire for the Lord and as I prayed I began to weep in His presence and I could hardly drive. Deep cried out to deep and oh I how longed for more of Him. Suddenly I felt scared of Him leaving me and I knew I couldn’t survive with out His love and I cried out, Abba! Padre! No me dejes! No me dejes! And I heard His response, “Nunca te dejaré mi hijita, nunca te dejaré! He is healing my daddy wound, and though my earthly father left me and the pain of that absence has never completely left, my Father in heaven promises never to leave me, and He does not break one promise. He loves me! Oh how He loves me!! His love never fails. Love will never abandon me. In the car as I was crying & praying & trying my best to drive, almost to my house, I was reminded of how many people at the revival meetings were healed first emotionally and then physically and some of the illnesses in their bodies had to do with their emotional health. I felt Him say, “You’re still sick in your body b/c your heart is sick. I’m healing your heart first.” This word brought comfort to my heart. He is setting my heart free in the knowledge of Christ, and when my heart and mind come fully into line with His truth I think my body will follow. I’ve felt so assured that He will heal me of this allergy. I have declared it over myself, I am healed by the power of the blood of Jesus! Wes even called out gluten intolerance at the revival meeting as everyone was getting prayer for healing, including myself. I had just asked the Lord to confirm to me that I was healed when Wes called it out. The healing has not manifested in my body yet b/c when I stepped out in faith and consumed gluten I got sick on the plane ride back and I felt like it still affected my body when I tried a couple more times to eat something small like a piece of bread. But He knows everything, His will is good, pleasing, and perfect. So I can trust in it and know that He knows the right time, and the healing will come!! The Lord has been doing a mighty work in my life. I also have felt a new freedom and relief from my identity struggle in wanting to be Latina. He is forming my identity as a child of God and setting me free from the opinions of man, from the fear of man, and worldly appearances and fantasies that don’t have to do with the kingdom of God and the pleasure of knowing its riches. The next day, Monday morning, is in part a testimony of this. I was woken up to noise outside, I heard voices speaking in Spanish & I saw ladder being raised up along the wall. I walked out onto my porch to see what the noise was & the ladder kept rising up & stopped right in front of my porch & then up comes a Hispanic man with his paint supplies. I asked him what they were doing here & that I’d been disturbed from my sleep. He said they could leave & come back later but the Holy Spirit was still leading me & I spoke with kindness & said surely not to go ahead & finish their work they had been sent to do. I came back inside & immediately felt that I had to witness to them & I remembered that I had the bag of bagels that Laura had given me from Bruegger’s Bagels that I had planned on taking to a homeless shelter. I asked if him & his coworkers wanted some bagels & he accepted the offer. I heated up 18 bagels in the microwave as fast as I could b/c they had become hard from sitting there for 3 days, & ran down to greet them. I went around to each group of them as they were painting on ladders sharing my testimony & testifying of the love of God in Christ Jesus. It was freezing outside, but I didn’t care. It didn’t matter to me what they thought of me, that I was in sweats with no makeup & sick with a hoarse voice. The Lord had made His love to me so real & I had to let each of them know. Praise God! Who knows what He will do through this small act of kindness I showed. In many opportunities the Lord gives me I have been only as a farmer scattering seed & do not get to see the day that seed grows. But if we are faithful & share what He has given us, He can use us & though in small ways, it is an honor to be His instrument, though He is God & does not even need me to accomplish His work of winning hearts to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment