Saturday, July 17, 2010

When He takes over, His Presence

Jan 6,2010
Tuesday morning I awoke to a call from my friend Randi Frazier & after I got off the phone my heart felt a little burdened & disturbed. The night before I had felt like the Spirit had woken me up in my sleep praying & I couldn’t stop moving in the bed & was not completely awake but was praying & then eventually fell back asleep. This has happened the past 3 nights in my sleep but the last 2 nights I just felt hot & uncomfortable & couldn’t stop moving in my bed trying to fall back asleep. I don’t know if it’s the Spirit or if the discomfort is due to my body temperature. Well anyways, that morning something was stirring in me & I felt like I couldn’t stay in the house, it felt like something was pulling me & driving me out of the house! And as I was almost ready to leave it kept getting stronger & the Spirit was starting to move & shake me again & I said, “Ok Lord, I’m leaving!” I got in the car & asked the Lord where to go & I felt led to South Point Mall. I just wanted to witness to people but then I felt so full of the Spirit that I just wanted to stand up in front of everyone inside the mall & proclaim the good news of Christ! So I went inside & ran into one of the girls from Hillside Highschool & spoke with her for a moment then she said she had to go. So I went & sat down on the bench & started to pray & ask the Lord what message he would have me give. A lot of scriptures started coming to mind & found every one of them in my bible where I didn’t have any of them underlined & wasn’t sure of where they were. I stood up shaking b/c I couldn’t stop the Spirit, it was increasing & like fire shut up in my bones I had to let out! I stood up on the platform & starting preaching from Revelation but hadn’t got through a paragraph before a policeman came over & stopped me. At first I wouldn’t step down but didn’t want to get in trouble with the authorities so I complied. I was about to leave when a group of girls came over & commended me for what I was trying to do & said they just wanted to encourage me, & my heart was encouraged. Thank you Lord!! So I sat back down & starting praying asking the Lord what he wanted me to do. A couple minutes later I had my eyes closed but heard someone speaking Spanish beside me & it caught my attention. There was a cute little girl playing & I felt led to go speak to her parents. It turned out they had just arrived to the states the day before! I invited them to church & the Lord gave me the words to speak & share part of my testimony & how we are made for relationship with God. May the Lord direct them into relationship with Him & a reality of His love & what they were made for. Wednesday I spent most of the day typing up this testimony of all the Lord is doing & I’m so encouraged. Praise God!! The Spirit started moving in me again last night before I even got to church & Chuck Porta brought a timely message talking about how we are made for intimacy with the Lord, that the King has given us an invitation to be his friend! Scripture shows us that the Lord will still bless us, He will give us victory, destiny, & provision without His presence (Exodus 33). The Lord promised these things to the people of Israel after they had turned to idols & worshipped the golden calf, but He said He would not go up with them to the land flowing with milk & honey b/c He might destroy them b/c they are a stiff-necked & obstinate people. B/c He is a covenant keeping God, He remained true to His Word to bring them into the promised land, but said His presence would not go with them. But thankfully the people thought this was a sad word & mourned, in other words they probably turned their hearts back fully to the Lord. And so He responded saying He would go with them. WOW! Even though we fall into compromise & sin & rebellion, when we repent & come back to our first love, He receives us with His great mercies & comes to dwell with us with His presence. I have been experiencing this divine visitation of His Spirit, the presence of the Lord!! He’s been meeting me day after day as I cry out to Him for more. I want intimacy, Oh more than anything I want His presence! I don’t want to just settle for the victory, the destiny, the provision, as great as they are. I have nothing without His presence & my heart withers away & dies without His nearness, the reality of His tangible love. Make me a voice Lord, not just an echo. I don’t want to depend on others to hear your voice, I don’t want to live off other people’s revelation & words from you. I want to hear your voice for myself, I want to have a daily tent of meeting with you, to commune with you face to face as Moses did!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment